Tuesday, September 09, 2008

keep calm and carry on


Nothing entirely interesting or new to say about London this time around. It was good... as always.

My mind is still stuck on two things from my last weekend there though... The first is this article I read in the Weekend Guardian about "How to... Exit" by Guy Browning. The timing is rather spooky; family, job, romance, it's all there in that article for me right now. Life is funny that way, exits lead to entrances; as one door closes, another one opens... I don't mind if my exit wounds scars, let's just hope they heal in time for the next entrance.

And the other thing that is utterly and completely poignant, bittersweet and heartbreaking is Juliette Binoche's answer from the same issue's Q&A -
Q: What has been your biggest disappointment?
A: That I wasn't able to share my life with someone.