Thursday, November 09, 2006

The Homestretch (East Coast Grease and Southern Hospitality)

Making my way back home. In a way I feel like I've been gone forever but it's all in the head, my perspective is all messed up. I just need to be alone and wallow in my own misery. Thanks to Steak'n'Shake, Culver's Butter Burgers & Frozen Custard, Waffle House, Cracker Barrel, Perkins, Denny's, McDonald's, Wendy's, Country Inn and Tim Horton's. Kinda makes me sick to even write these names down but they really made my dining experience especially special on this tour.

Gorgeous Hilz in NYC.

Always in New York will I run into someone from Los Angeles. Saw Alex’s profile ahead of me, and sure enough, there he was strolling down 1st Ave. with Jade. They were in town for a private My Barbarian show. Lovely lovely folks.

Beautiful Phuong w/ Sanford, who graciously gave us their LES apt. Suggested Clinton St. Bakery which made for a nice breakfast one morning. Clinton Street – thought of Leonard Cohen and Famous Blue Raincoat.

Mr. Fanuelle. He really stepped up the game with the scarf and suspenders. Genius as ever.

The Chesapeake Bay Bridge and Tunnel - I can see why it's one of the seven engineering wonders of the modern world, quite impressive and makes for a lovely sunset drive.

Ducktape Man, Robbie, modeling his homemade Halloween costume in Virginia Beach.

This is probably my favorite photo I’ve taken so far on this tour. It’s saved as my wallpaper right now. It’s so East Coast, so Atlantic at its best. It was great waking up a block from the beach and having it sunny and warm for the first time on this tour. I thought I had lost that feeling.

That’s me jumping for joy I suppose. I really don’t know why I did this. Kinda stupid now though.

Southern hospitality in North Carolina. Aslan, in his wonderfully eccentric abode, welcomed us for the night. We listened to Nina Simone which put me in a nice slumber.

Somewhere in Tennessee today. I wasn’t able to capture the real shock and excitement of this image as my timing was off. But I do believe that there are around four deer in the back of this pick-up truck. Looks like they were just shot this morning, so fresh and so young.


George Jones at the Civil War Country Store. Click on the image to enlarge the pic so you can see where Mr. Jones signed his name; it vaguely reminds me of Jeffrey "No Neck" from Project Runway.