Monday, March 08, 2010

13 years ago...

I found these photos tonight from when I was last living in Vietnam thirteen years ago... Going back home next week and I can't wait to see what it's going to be like now...

The healing waters of Vịnh Hạ Long.


 
 The standard mode of transportation in Saigon.


 
 As found in the original 36 streets of Hà Nội. Words to live by: Green, Clean, Beautiful.


Đà Lạt Market.




 
Mekong Delta.


 Close to the Chinese border, the verdant tea plantations of Cao Bằng where my dad was born.


Just grilling some shrimp on the beach at Mỹ Sơn.


Heading into awe inspiring caves of Ninh Binh.


 
 The art deco designed Phy Tho racecourse in District 11.


The Cao Đài Temple.


 
 My favorite billboard in Saigon.


  
The silkworm factory near Huế.


 
  The view from my window during the tropical monsoon season.