Friday, May 18, 2007

My King of Wands and My King of Swords

Man is as vast as he acts... Apparently there are Kings (as in older men) in my life. Now I just have to figure out how they fit into my life... Anyhow, I played records at another fun LIVE DubLab set for their bi-annual Proton Drive (please donate and support the awesomest thing in the world that's happening for you right now). This set was dedicated to TED but it really is a tribute to the Kings who've touched me in some way or another (be it bad or good)...

p.s. I'll be djing LIVE again next Thursday from 4-6pm (PST). Tune in. I'm comfortable talking into the mic now so it should be quite embarrassing and entertaining (as in a lot of technical mistakes and nervous giggling).

p.p.s. I have friends visiting from out of town and can't be bothered to make comments like I usually do. I apologize for neglecting you blog.

1. Beware of Young Girls - Dory Previn - On My Way to Where
2. I Wonder If I Care As Much - The Everly Brothers - s/t
3. Isn't Life Strange - The Clientele - God Save The Clientele
4. I Can't Make Love To You Anymore - Felt - Me And A Monkey On The Moon
5. I Threw It All Away - Bob Dylan - Nashville Skyline
6. Lay It Down Slow - J Spaceman - Acoustic Mainlines QEH
7. A King At Night - Bonnie 'Prince' Billy - Ease Down The Road
8. Modern Painters - Destroyer - This Night
9. Requiem Pour Un C... - Serge Gainsbourg - Initials B.B.
10. Can't Go Out Can't Stay In - Whitey - The Light At The End Of The Tunnel Is A Train
11. This - Brian Eno - Another Day on Earth
12. West Coast Love Affair - Unrest - Perfect Teeth
13. Seu Amor Ainda É Tudo Pra Mim - Silvinha - s/t
14. Dancing In The Moonlight - David Kitt - The Black And Red Notebook
15. Lookin' For A Love - Neil Young - Zuma
16. I've Just Got To Tell You - Dr. Dog - Takers & Leavers
17. Pure - The Lightning Seeds - Cloudcuckooland
18. Graham Greene - John Cale - Paris 1919
19. Stop In The Name Of Love - Bang Gang - Something Wrong
20. Hippie, Hippie, Hoorah - The Black Lips - Los Valientes del Mundo Nuevo
21. Wish I Was Skinny - The Boo Radleys - Giant Steps
22. You Baby - Jackie Trent - Where Are You Now My Love
23. Con Carino - Gruff Rhys - Candylion
24. A Man Needs A Woman for A Man to Be a Man - Bill Callahan - Woke on a Whaleheart
25. Nuvem (Cloud) - Joyce - Tardes Cariocas
26. Everybody is a Star - The Pastels - You Don't Need Darkness To Do What You Think Is Right
27. That's The Very Part Of You - The Banana Splits - s/t
28. Serious Drugs (Remix) - BMX Bandits - Serious Drugs / Little Pony EP
29. Happy When It Rains - Jesus and Mary Chain - Darklands
30. Island In The Sun - Denim - Denim Take Over
31. All My Friends - LCD Soundsystem - Sound Of Silver
32. Slender Brunette - Al Knost / Al Gallen - unreleased
33. Older Guys - Teenage Fanclub - Thirteen
34. I'm Moving On - John Lennon & Yoko Ono - Double Fantasy
35. After Six - Scritti Politti - White Bread Black Beer
36. Only with You -Beach Boys - Holland
37. Let Me - Wanda de Sah - Brasil '65 (Introducing The Voice Of Wanda De Sah)
38. Do What You Gotta Do - Bonnie Dobson - Good Morning Rain