Monday, August 11, 2008

For he is...

I first saw Dune as a kid and loved it. Saw it again tonight. I don't know why I'm so into this film. It was on HBO last week, caught most of it by accident, then tivo'ed it the other night so I could watch the beginning and I ended up watching the entire thing. It's almost incomprehensible (so wrong that Sting's in it but hey, at least he was better here than The Bride) but it looks so good; a world so advanced that it barely requires 'puters while looking so 19th c. romantic... This is the kind of future I'm so looking forward to! Spice melange (would love some please), the Bene Gesserit (it's tempting but I'll pass on membership) and the Kwisatz Haderach (who wouldn't want to be this?) And I love this scene at the end! Love it! It's a funny film really.