Saturday, April 03, 2010

Tiem Banh Mi Phuong


This is enough reason to go back to Vietnam. Tiệm Bánh Mì Phương is located on Hoang Dieu street (the shoe street where you can design your own customized Adidaboks), just at the eastern end of the central market in Hoi An. The proprietors consist of a very lovely man and woman making the best bánh mì I've ever had in my life. It is always busy and understandably so...



You know it's good when it's Bourdain approved...


What is unbelievable to me is how Anthony and Philippe can just split one bánh mì. I attacked two whole ones back to back...

The sandwich -- three special sauces: mayo, pâté and blood sausage spread with pickles, salt, pepper, herb + salad mix, tomatoes, cucumbers, chili peppers, ground beef, headcheese, pork, pork and more pork... and you top it off with a fried egg on top! And I'm probably missing at least 5 other ingredients. This is really special.