Thursday, May 01, 2008

In the Privacy of Hot Chip


Last weekend was a fun music weekend. After SPZ in SD, I went back home and made my way to the release party for the new Safe Crackers fanzine series at Ooga Booga where Hot Chip dj'ed. It was packed, hot and sweaty (early LA summer heat) and there were moments of genius from the dj set esp. when it transitioned from Luther Vandross to Britney ("Gimme More..." Yes!) to Hall & Oates to current Snoop and then to Hot Chip, of course.


"Do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it now... Say it, say it, say it, say it, say it, say it, say it now."


Safe Crackers! I got all 5 issues!


Ooh yes, during the oompah, Wiggles and Tessa oozed of oomph and sold oodles at Ooga Booga.


There's something hot about Hot Chip. During their exciting show the following night, they declared that they were going to go "ape shit" for the crowd. They did and the audience did as well. The show was so much fun. Uncharacteristic of my typical stiff self, I went ape shit. I haven't rollicked like that (and within the crowd, yes I was with the people) in a v. long time. I was dancing like a 15 year old at a Happy Mondays or New Kids on the Block show (I've been to both btw). It was just pure fun. Though a bit of a brodio crowd, it was precious. So many hot nerds in cute nerdy glasses dancing awkwardly but naturally. So hot.