Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Analog rules, vinyl's forever...

My Dual Noresco turntable and Marantz 2230B receiver (sans speakers in this pic). 3 things to get you going.



I had a feeling that this would be the case soon enough. When you've traveled so far and that which it embodies has re-appropriated (mostly) for the better (though many would disagree), the only way is to return to the original.

Three examples:

1. Jarvis on Record Store Day, His New Album & Pirates


I totally agree with everything Jarvis is saying. Thank goodness (!) I kept my cassettes and didn't chuck them in the last move...


2. The LA Times had a piece on it this past weekend which highlights my new neighborhood record shop!... "In a digital age, vinyl albums are making a comeback."


3. And something rather ingenious... the best of two worlds...


Spinning vinyl iPod application