Thursday, April 16, 2009

Paris + London

This feels like a chore (and thus I have to do it) but here are some of my favorite pics from my recent visit to Paris + London:

Chez Derrière: the perfect smoking room of all of Europe.



On the last Sunday of the season, I had the freshest (le plus frais!) huîtres at Baron Rouge.



Back in Hackney, J+J (+K) walking through Shoreditch Park.



I love J+J's flat on Pitfield St.



The Barbican didn't do Le Corbusier justice with its current show but these glasses he wore made me want to wear specs again.



The Unilever Series: Dominique Gonzalez-Foerster at Tate Modern.
Set in the future, sculptures of Bourgeois, Calder, Moore, Nauman, Oldenburg and van Bruggen have become gargantuan in size as London is afflicted with perpetual rain. Impressive.



Carl + J helping each other in front of Maison Bertaux.



How do you complete a room with minimalist inclinations? Well a vibrant African print made into a curtain is all you need.

My favorite image from this trip though not for the pic itself as it's a bit shitty + crooked but because I finally got to see it in person.