Thursday, January 01, 2009

Locks of Love

As cliché as this might sound, I decided to chop off my hair on NYE. Been thinking about it for a while and was going to do it over Xmas (was too lazy due to the holiday gluttony) but yesterday morning, I decided that it had to be done and why not on the last day of the year? It wasn't about completely giving this moment some sort of special significance, as if it was an end of an era and the beginning of a new one. I mean, my hair is just hair, and it just so happened to be very long for a very long time. It was more like, I just needed a cut.

Since I already have a fringe, I decided to go for a Suri Cruise look, I mean, honestly, that kid is cute! Lovely Nina, who I was fortunate enough to have added me at the end of the day, knew exactly what I was going for...


I'm donating my hair (15 inches of it!) to Locks of Love. To make it easier, Nina had to braid it into two sections in order to cut it. Funny, I didn't feel any sort of emotional trauma à la America's Next Top Model make-over moment at all. I didn't cry. I didn't laugh. I was relaxed.


Happy New Year. I'm gonna try to make this blog more interesting for you as I know that it does tend to get dull... That's a promise.

Two songs I listened to today which made me happy that it's a brand new year:
Man in Me
I Can't Help Myself