Sunday, January 25, 2009

Year of the Ox

It's a new day dawning... It's my mom's year! I love this time of year, when every single Vietnamese American (and some whites, so so out of place!) congregate to Little Saigon to gamble, look at orchids, give thanks and pig out like no other time of the year! But I kept it mellow this year, didn't go to the fair like I usually do, no 7 courses of beef... I actually celebrated Chúxī chez Chinn with homemade dumplings and poached fish this evening...


Au natural... That yellow mellow thing is a citrus fruit called "Buddha's hand." Not to be eaten, more like an offering to the spirits on this most special day for us Asians...


Not durian, just giant young jackfruit to last a lifetime...


DIY DIY DIY!!! Dudes In Year (of the Ox or ylang-ylang...)


This dude is so awesome... rolling deep in the bills. We made eye contact. He knew I was into him.

And some food pics...



I tend not to eat chicken as they are dirty birds. But when it comes to pho, I prefer chicken with the works, especially the intestines and heart! Yums!


To celebrate this new year, I treated myself to a side of ox's tail... Yums!!


One of my most beloved desserts... I don't even know how to describe this. Yums!!!

And my parents woke me from my nap to show me this. wtf? why?


I just got this Facebook invite... Remember that Monday is the official "Hug an Asian Person" day! *Every Asian person that you see you must address with a hug.*

-FAQ-
Do Halfers Count?
A: Yes

What Types of Asian Do We Hug??
A: Every kind from Pacific Islander to Indian [If you wanna get technical Russians too.]

*This is a no hate event, we're just trying to spread the love. Violators will be shot, survivors will be shot again.*

You got no choice then as we are everywhere!!!