Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Wondrous Wonder of Wonder Valley ("when yellow will be mellow")


Easy Does It... Wonder Valley. Joshua Tree. Twentynine Palms... A desert weekend jaunt to visit GGD as they record their new album at Jack's place... I haven't felt this mellow in a while... an adventure which had the lingering scent of white sage, an evocation of peace and lucid (+ hallucinatory) dreams, a much needed smudging of the mind.

And the soundtrack for the weekend? It had to be Animal Collective's dewy + dazzling Merriweather Post Pavilion on repeat. (Can I say how stoked I am to see them this weekend?)


Kindred spirits... wonderful + blessed Sara (just like Dylan's) was my Grey Gardens companion.


The Guest Cabin: what I woke up to... blessed am I...


Arduous Glamor took us turquoise hunting all the way up Copper Mountain. I ended up with a pocket full of turquoise.


We were wondering how this car got here. We found its door on the other side of the mountain.


I was thinkin' about turquoise, I was thinkin' about gold...


It's January. It's breathtakingly beautiful. Just awesome.


And we're out! Until next time, I'll miss you.