Sunday, January 11, 2009

Week Two

My weekend in pics (and it's not over yet! There's sushi and a pizza bday party still!)


It was my mom's birthday yesterday. I took my folks to this new Vietnamese restaurant in Little Saigon. It was okay, a solid B but of course, the company was the usual A+.


Tiny Creatures' last ever art/music gallery show. LA Fog played hobo style on the sidewalk.


Inside, sonority sisters Emily & Ramona doing their full-blown petite din as Nite Jewel.


Then I woke up to Jasmin's banged up knee from a recent skateboarding injury. WTF? Ouch. She'll recover and will do it all over again.


And my proudest moment this year so far. FFC in Ferndall today. Since it was 81 degrees, everyone was out and about (which was a bit annoying) but on the way down the trail, we ran into Rosy, a beautiful white parrot. Last year, for the first time ever, I've picked up a dog (twice) and a cat (thrice) and managed to put them on my lap (with uneasy pleasure). And today, a bird on my arm. Notice how I'm clutching onto the Professor's hand for dear life. Phew! Luckily, I survived though there were marks on my arm but nothing permanent. Yes, by year's end I might even have my own pet to play with!